Services at risk - ongoing [more]
GEOTRACES is an international programme that aims to improve our understanding of biogeochemical cycles and large-scale distribution of trace elements and their isotopes (TEIs) in the marine environment. The global field programme will run for at least a decade and will involve cruises in all ocean basins run by a variety of nations.
GEOTRACES is expected to become the largest programme to focus on the chemistry of the oceans and will improve our understanding of past, present and future distributions of TEIs and their relationships to important global processes. To find out more follow these links
- Project overview — A brief description of the main goals and themes of the programme.
- BODC role — Our duties as the GEOTRACES International Data Assembly Centre (GDAC).
- Offical web site — View the GEOTRACES web pages.
- Data management — View the GEOTRACES International Data Assembly Centre web pages. This provides access to the GEOTRACES Data Policy, cruise information, sortable inventories of data and the data itself.
- Other links — Links to GEOTRACES sites and other relevant areas.