Services at risk - ongoing [more]
UK Ocean Acidification (UKOA)
Widespread concerns about ocean acidification emerged after the Royal Society Report "Ocean acidification due to increasing atmospheric CO2" in 2005. Research at that time was limited to a few individuals.
The UK Ocean Acidification (UKOA) Research Programme is the UK’s response to the call for increased research effort into this emerging science area. To find out more, follow these links
- Introduction — A non-technical insight into the UKOA programme.
- Project overview — A brief description of the main aims of the programme.
- BODC's role — Our duties as the UKOA designated data centre.
- Official web site — View the official UKOA pages.
- Data submission — Guidelines on how to submit data to BODC.
- BODC processing — What will BODC do with UKOA data?
- Cruise programme — Details of UKOA cruises.
- Laboratory mesocosms — Details of the long-term mesocosms used by the benthic consortium.
- Data inventories — A list of UKOA data currently held at BODC.
- Data delivery — How to gain access to UKOA data.
- Other links — Links to other ocean acidification related initiatives.