Southern Ocean Argo Regional Centre
An interactive map created using ESRI software displays all Southern Ocean Argo floats. You can opt to display various layers such as status, age, country of origin, deployment location or the float trajectories. There is also the option of superimposing a 2000m bathymetric contour, sub-sampled from the General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans (GEBCO) data set and sea ice extent from University of Bremen.
Tools allow you to zoom, pan, query and select floats of interest. Information about the selected floats and links to data (netCDF format) are displayed below the map area.
Connect to the interactive map
Access the interactive map help
- Last position (status) — Last position colour coded with status (active or failed).
- Last position (country) — Last position colour coded with country of origin.
- Last position (age) — Last position colour coded with age.
- Deployment — Float deployment positions (regardless of status).
- Trajectories (3 months) — Surface trajectories in the last 3 months.
- Trajectories — Surface trajectories.
- 150 km buffer — 150 km buffer around last position.
- Profile density (3 months) — Profile density in 3° by 3° area, in the last 3 months.
- Profile density — Profile density in 3° by 3° area.
- 3 x 3 grid — Grid with 3° increments.
- 2000 m Bathymetry — 2000 m bathymetric contour line (sub-sampled from GEBCO).
- Sea ice extent — monthly average.
Related Argo pages at BODC
|Argo contents||Southern Ocean Argo Regional Centre|
|Introduction||Browse Southern Ocean products|
|BODC's role||Other links|
Related external links
|ESRI||International Argo portal||University of Bremen|