General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans (GEBCO)
GEBCO's aim is to provide the most authoritative, publicly-available bathymetry for the world's oceans. It operates under the joint auspices of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) and the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO).
GEBCO's data sets comprise two global gridded bathymetric data sets, the GEBCO_08 Grid and GEBCO One Minute Grid and a global set of digital bathymetric contours, coastlines, trackline control information. The data sets are maintained and updated at BODC.
GEBCO's grids are available to download from the internet. The full set of GEBCO's data sets are included in the GEBCO Digital Atlas (GDA) along with accompanying documentation and a software interface for viewing and accessing the data sets.
Find out more about GEBCO and its data sets and products
- Project overview — find out more about the GEBCO project
- Official web site — visit the GEBCO web site hosted at the British Oceanographic Data Centre
- Download data — download data from GEBCO's gridded bathymetric data sets
- GEBCO Digital Atlas — find out about the latest release of the GEBCO Digital Atlas
- Order product — details on how to order the GEBCO Digital Atlas disc set
- GEBCO world map — a global map/image of bathymetry data
- GEBCO feature names — access the GEBCO Gazetteer of Undersea Feature Names in GIS friendly formats
- GEBCO Web Map Service — access the Web Map Service (WMS) for the GEBCO_08 Grid
- IHO-IOC GEBCO Cook Book — access a technical reference manual on how to build bathymetric grids