GEBCO Grid display software
25 February 2009
The GEBCO Grid display software is available to download, free of charge under license, for use with the GEBCO gridded bathymetric data sets. It provides the means for displaying and accessing the data from
- the GEBCO One Minute Grid — a global one arc-minute grid
- the GEBCO_08 Grid — a global 30 arc-second grid
It has been developed by BODC to run on a PC running Microsoft Windows 95 or later and is controlled by a series of drop-down menus and toolbar buttons. Please note that the software is designed for use with the complete, global data files.
Features of the GEBCO Grid display software include
- Display GEBCO's gridded bathymetric data sets on your PC screen, colour coded for depth/elevation.
- Export data in an ASCII format or netCDF.
- Choice of five map projections for display — Equidistant Cylindrical, Mercator, Miller Cylindrical, Lambert Cylindrical Equal-Area and Polar Stereographic.
- Import your own file(s) of data points to display in the map area.
- Select your geographic area of interest either by chart number, by latitude and longitude limits, or by an on-screen zoom box.