BODC maintains Investors in People (IIP) standard
29 February 2008
BODC first achieved the Investors in People (IIP) standard in March 2002 and we are delighted to announce that we have just passed a post recognition review.
IIP is a national quality standard which defines a level of good practice for improving an organisation's performance through its people.
Our staff are our most important asset and we are dedicated to ensuring that they have the right knowledge, skills and motivation to work efficiently.
The IIP assessor reported that BODC's key strengths include
- Continued organisational planning — including consultation and input from employees
- Effective management support at all levels across the organisation
- Planned training and development activities
- Equal opportunities to contribute ideas
- Good communication activities
- A good team environment with staff feeling valued and appreciated for their efforts
There were a number of development points and an internal team has been formed to take these forward. IIP is a continuous process and we are likely to be reviewed again in 2011.