BODC maintains Investors in People (IIP) standard
16 March 2011
BODC first achieved the Investors in People (IIP) standard in March 2002 and we are delighted to announce that we have just passed a post-recognition review.
IIP is a national quality standard that defines a level of good practice for improving an organisation's performance through its people.
Our staff are our most important asset and we are dedicated to ensuring that they have the right knowledge, skills and motivation to work effectively.
The IIP assessor reported that BODC's key strengths include
- Continued organisational planning — including consultation and input from employees
- Effective management support at all levels across the organisation
- An exemplary record of staff learning and personal development activities — including making full use of in-house training opportunities and mentoring
- A positive organisational awareness of health and wellbeing initiatives
- A good team environment with staff feeling valued and appreciated for their efforts
The report highlighted areas of good practice that were clearly beyond the Standard and suggested a few minor development points. An internal team has been formed to look at these suggestions. IIP is a continuous process and we are likely to be reviewed again in 2014.