Serving the community
24 May 2007
BODC are committed to improving the services we provide to the Marine Community.
In addition to the general information provided by our web site, we handled over 32,200 requests for data, products, software, Web Services and inventory searches during 2006 – 2007. Over 50% of the requests handled came from individuals or organisations located outside the UK.
This represents an increase of more than 90% when compared with the 2005 – 2006 figures. This improvement has been achieved through our online systems.
Future web developments
During 2007 – 2008 we will
- Reinstate the International Current Meter Inventory
- Provide online data access for discrete data samples collected during multi-disciplinary research programmes
- Provide near real-time data display and access for the CARBON-OPS project
BODC are also responsible for managing the MEDIN web site on behalf of the Marine Data and Information Partnership (MDIP), the UK Marine Environmental Action Group (MEDAG) and UK Global Ocean Observing System Action Group (GOOSAG). We also host and/or manage
- The Surface Ocean - Lower Atmosphere Study Integration (SOLAS Integration) project web site
- The 36 North project web site
- A web site to provide access to real-time data from the Rapid Climate Change (RAPID) Meridional Overturning Circulation (MOC) monitoring array
- The Global Sea Level Observing System (GLOSS) web site
- The Ocean Margin Exchange (OMEX) project web site