RV Cefas Endeavour 11/12
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2012-07-18 — 2012-07-31|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To undertake a beam trawl survey in the southern North Sea and eastern Channel as part of an ICES co-ordinated research programme.
2. To obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species.
3. To collect biological data, including maturity and weight at age, of commercial species, to satisfy the requirements of the EU data regulations.
4. To identify the epibenthos by-catch taken in the 4-metre beam trawl and to quantify 12 species as agreed at the Beam Trawl Working Group.
5. To sample litter on every station
6. To collect live crabs and starfish for Yarmouth Sea Life centre.
7. To collect water samples for nutrient analysis for Naomi Greenwood.
8. To run the PCO2 meter for Naomi Greenwood
9. To photograph benthos and beam trawl operations.
|Chief scientist||Sally Songer (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Project||United Kingdom Ocean Acidification Research Programme|
|Cruise report||(0.72 MB)|
|Specific||Eastern English Channel (ICES Area VIId), North Sea (ICES Area IVc).|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Data held at BODC|
|24 Sample taken from ship's non-toxic supply||Ammonium and ammonia concentration parameters in water bodies|
Silicate concentration parameters in the water column
Alkalinity, acidity and pH of the water column
Salinity of the water column
Total dissolved inorganic carbon (TCO2) concentration in the water column
Nitrate concentration parameters in the water column
Temperature of the water column
Nitrite concentration parameters in the water column
Phosphate concentration parameters in the water column