RV Celtic Voyager CV0914
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2009-06-13 — 2009-06-18|
|Port of departure||Galway, Ireland|
|Port of return||Galway, Ireland|
1. To collect information on the water masses in the area of the Celtic Sea front, the Celtic Deep, and the coastal currents by deploying a CTD and by analysing ADCP data.
2. To examine the spatial distribution of zooplankton in relation to different water masses using multivariate analysis techniques.
3. To investigate the relationship of larger indicator species of gelatinous zooplankton such as jellyfish, hydromedusae and chaetognaths to the water masses.
4. To map the distribution of floating algal rafts with respect to the water masses, and to collect a sample of rafts for genetic analyses of the component algae and fauna to determine the origin and history of these rafts.
5. To collect rafts of floating barnacles for a separate project funded under the Beaufort Biodiscovery programme.
|Chief scientist||Louise Allcock (National University of Ireland, Galway)|
|Specific||West and South coast of Ireland.|