RV Corystes CO 06/10
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise identifier||CO 06/10|
|Cruise period||2010-02-08 — 2010-02-14|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
1. To conduct a plankton survey using a Gulf VII high speed plankton sampler to determine the distribution and abundance of cod (Gadus morhua), haddock (Melanogrammus aeglifinus) and plaice (Pleuronectes platessa) eggs.
2. To remove stage 1A & 1B gadoid eggs like from fresh plankton samples at sea. To measure, stage and preserve these eggs in ethanol prior to species identification using a DNA technique on return to the laboratory (CEFAS).
3. To collect a salinity water sample at every second sampling station.
4. To collect plankton (270µm) and fine mesh (80µm) PUP net samples at each of the sampling stations.
5. To record sub-surface salinity and temperature data with the constant thermosalinograph.
6. To record sub-surface environmental data using the valeport self-logging package mounted on the plankton sampler.
|Chief scientist||Steven Beggs (Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute)|
|Cruise report||(0.27 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Northern Irish Sea|