RV Celtic Voyager CV13017
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2013-06-10 — 2013-06-19|
|Port of departure||Galway, Ireland|
|Port of return||Ros a Mhil, Ireland|
|Objectives||Aran and Porcupine UWTV Survey.
1. To obtain 2013 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 3.5 nautical mile spacing on the Aran and 6.0 nmi spacing on the Porcupine Nephrops grounds.
2. To obtain 2013 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from other areas in the Celtic Sea if time allows.
3. To collect ancillary information from the UWTV footage collected at each station such as the occurrence of sea-pens, other macro-benthos and fish species and trawl marks on the sea bed.
4. To collect oceanographic data using a sledge mounted CTD.
5. To satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the 'Data collection regulation' EC Regulation 1543/2000.
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|
|Specific||Porcupine Abyssal Plain (Celtic Sea Nephrops grounds).|