Unplanned service interruption - 28 October 2016 15:00 BST - ongoing
Some online delivery is affected
RV Prince Madog CV15015
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Prince Madog (74P2)|
|Cruise period||2015-07-01 — 2015-07-10|
|Port of departure||Galway, Ireland|
|Port of return||Cork, Ireland|
|Objectives||Since 2006 the Marine Institute have carried UWTV surveys of the Celtic Sea Nephrops grounds which includes the Smalls and Labadie Nephrops grounds. The results of the survey series were used to describe the abundance, distribution and estimate the biomass of Nephrops in the Celtic Sea.
1. To obtain 2015 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 4 nautical mile spacing on the Smalls Nephrops grounds.
2. To obtain 2015 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 6 nautical mile spacing Labadie, Cockburn and Jones Banks.
3. To collect ancillary information from the UWTV footage collected at each station such as the occurrence of sea-pens, other macro-benthos and fish species and trawl marks on the sea bed.
4. To collect oceanographic data using a sledge mounted CTD.
5. To sample Nephrops and macro benthos using a 4 m beam trawl deployed at ~10 stations on the Smalls only if time allows
6. To satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the 'Data collection regulation' EC Regulation 1543/2000.
June 2105: Change of ship. This cruise will now take place aboard the RV Prince Madog
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|
|Specific||Smalls and Labadie fishing grounds.|