Planned maintenance — 26th November 2016 between 15:00 and 15:30 BST [more]
RV Cefas Endeavour 16/16
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2016-07-17 — 2016-07-30|
|Port of departure||Portland Harbour, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To undertake a beam trawl survey in the southern North Sea and eastern Channel as part of an ICES co-ordinated research programme.
2. To obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species.
3. To collect biological data, including maturity and weight at age of commercial species, to satisfy the requirements of the EU data regulations.
4. To identify the epibenthos by catch taken in the 4-metre beam trawl and to quantify 12 species as agreed at the Beam Trawl Working Group.
5. To collect full depth, conductivity, temperature and depth profiles at each trawl station alongside surface and near-bottom water samples using a Niskin with ESM2 logger.
6. To continuously log sub-surface (3m) salinity, temperature, fluorometry and other environmental data using the Ferrybox.
7. To record details of surface sightings of any marine mammals, sea turtles and large pelagic fish, and record observations on jellyfish aggregations.
8. To sample litter caught in the beam trawl on every station.
|Chief scientist||Joanne Smith (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.10 MB)|
|Specific||Southern North Sea and eastern English Channel|