RV Clione CLI12/78
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1978-09-21 — 1978-10-10|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a preliminary survey of young gadoids using the GOV trawl.
2. To repeat the Granton trawl groundfish survey in the area between St George's Channel and the Calf of Man.
3. To tag young cod along the Irish coast for studies of recruitment.
4. To repeat the trawl survey on different sediment types in the Bristol Channel.
5. To collect samples of cod blood and Nephrops for immunogenetic studies.
6. To collect water and fish samples for FRL Hamilton Dock.
|Chief scientist||Keith M Brander (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.20 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Radioactivity||Description: samples of water and fish flesh collected for Hamilton Dock for 134Cs and 137Cs|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of images = 19|
Description: photographs taken at trawl station
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 38|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of samples = 2|
Description: samples of blood from nephrops collected for immunogenetics
|Taggings||Quantity: number of samples = 8|
Description: samples of blood from cod collected for immunogenetics
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 5|