RV Clione CLI2/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1986-01-20 — 1986-01-30|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To establish 6 standard current meter stations in Eastern Irish Sea.
2. To deploy the Near Bed Velocity Recorder (NBVR) at a site off St Bees Head.
3. To lay 3 guard buoys around the NBVR, 2 with sea bed towers attached.
4. To test a current meter mounted transmissometer.
5. To make a CTD survey of area.
6. To take water samples for Cs analysis.
|Chief scientist||John W Read (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Eastern Irish Sea|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 12|
Description: deployed only
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of deployments = 1|
Description: near bed velosity meter
|Other chemical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of samples = 17|
Description: surface Cs