Unplanned service interruption - 28 October 2016 15:00 BST - ongoing
Some online delivery is affected
RV Corystes COR9/90
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1990-08-14 — 1990-08-29|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To measure the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species by means of a beam trawl survey as part of an ICES coordinated programme covering Divisions IV b & c and VII d & c.
2. To collect additional biological data on sole, plaice, dab, turbot, brill and Cancer pagarus.
3. To describe the seabed sediment and epibenthos using photographic and acoustic methods.
4. To produce cooperative gear efficiency indices between the 4m standard heavy DFR beam trawl and 8m beam trawl used by the Belgian and Netherlands Fisheries Institutes, on the joint survey.
5. Carry out further equipment trials on the sector scanner.
6. Collect a variety of live and frozen fish for research purposes.
|Chief scientist||John D Riley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|Specific||North Sea and Channel|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 69|
Description: top & bottom only
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 69|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 87|
|Geology and geophysics|