Planned maintenance — 27th October 2016 between 09:00 and 10:00 BST [more]
RV Cirolana CIR10/92
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1992-09-24 — 1992-10-08|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect samples of demersal fish for chemical analysis from the Irish Sea and English Channel in support of the UK National Monitoring Plan (NMP) and the Environmental Quality Objective Programmes.
2. To carry out an Anchor dredge survey from a licensed marine aggregate prospecting site in the Bristol Channel for the identification and enumeration of benthos.
3. To deploy liquid-liquid and solid-phase extraction techniques on water samples from offshore and estuarine locations for organic chemical analysis and biological effects studies.
4. To collect sediments from stations established under the UK NMP on estuarines of the NE Coast and offshore for on-board whole sediment bioassay.
5. To collect water samples for the analysis of volatile 'Red List' substances in coastal and estuarine waters.
6. To further investigate the use of biochemical techniques such as EROD in Dab Liver in support of NMP.
7. To observe seabirds at sea, with specific interest in the Irish Sea and South Coast (JNCC).
|Chief scientist||John Edward Thain (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||NE Coast, Irish Sea and Channel.|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 8|
Description: surface S only
|Other contaminant measurements|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Birds||Quantity: activity duration in days = 14|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of deployments = 1|
Description: Anchor dredge.