RV Cirolana CIR3/71
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1971-04-08 — 1971-04-26|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To use the ARL Scanner aboard RV CLIONE to investigate reactions of cod
to CIROLANA's trawl.
2. To compare the fishing shapes of Granton and modified French trawls.
3. To collect live halibut and testis material for Dr Purdom.
4. To collect cod blood for Dr Jamieson.
5. To collect length distributions and otoliths of plaice for Mr Bannister,
6. To collect deep frozen small gadoids (less than 20 cm: food stock for
turbot) for Dr A Jones.
7. To collect a sample of mature females of both cod and haddock for fertility
studies for Mr Blacker.
|Chief scientist||J G K Harris (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.22 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 5|
Description: top & bottom only 1 with S only
|Subsurface temperature and salinity measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 5|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: physiological studies|
|Occasional standard measurements|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|