Network issues intermittently disrupting access to our web sites and services [more]
National Oceanographic Database (NODB)
All data series
This index provides access to all data series held in our National Oceanographic Database (NODB), a collection of marine data sets maintained by BODC, originating from a wide range of organisations.
Proceed to the series data request area.
Data categories include, for example
- Bathymetry and topography
- Currents — horizontal and vertical velocity, Lagrangian currents and water transport rates
- Meteorology — Radiosonde, Met. stations and data buoys
- Optical properties — pigments, turbidity, irradiance
- Sea level
- Water column temperature and salinity
- Water column chemistry — nutrients, carbons, oxygen
- Waves — statistics and spectra
Within our request area you will be able to build your search, select data series, modify your selection and opt to receive the data as BODC netCDF, ASCII or Ocean Data View (ODV) format before adding data to your basket. After checkout, the data you selected will be auto-prepared and made available for you to download.