BODC is the NERC designated data centre responsible for the management of data sets originating from the UK-OSNAP programme. The role of BODC is
- To facilitate the interchange of quality-controlled and documented data sets within the UK-OSNAP community.
- To assemble quality-controlled and documented data sets from all cruises into a relational database, so that spatial and temporal links between multiple parameters are maintained.
- To provide advice and assistance (when appropriate) to project scientists in the management, working up and quality assurance of their data.
- To assure the long-term stewardship of data sets arising from the UK-OSNAP programme for the future benefit of the wider scientific community.
- To assist the UK-OSNAP community in the application of data management best practices during the programme.
BODC are responsible for uploading the UK data into a web accessible database maintained at Duke University, to be combined with the International OSNAP data. All data on this site will be freely accessible to the public after a two year limited (permission only) access period.