Data centre's role
The UK SOLAS Data Centre (SDC) is responsible for managing all data generated by UK SOLAS. The SDC promotes data sharing and collaboration between programme participants, and ensures that UK SOLAS data are stored safely for long term use.
The SDC combines the skills of the NERC designated data centres for oceanographic and atmospheric data, respectively
- The British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC)
- The British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC)
Division of data management responsibilities between BODC and BADC is according to their particular expertise.
- Management of ship based and cruise related data is undertaken at BODC
- BODC host the UK SOLAS Final report, and provide ongoing maintenance of the publication lists
- Queries regarding these data sets and updates to the publication lists may be directed to Jenny Andrew
- Management of aircraft and land based data is undertaken at BADC
- BADC also take responsibility for atmospheric model output generated in the course of UK SOLAS
- Queries regarding these data sets may be directed to Spiros Ventouras