GEOTRACES Intermediate Data Product 2014
GEOTRACES is an international programme that aims to understand biogeochemical cycles and distributions of trace elements and their isotopes in all major ocean basins.
The GEOTRACES Intermediate Data Product (IDP2014) consists of two parts
- the digital datasets — available to download below
- the eGEOTRACES Electronic Atlas — providing section plots and animated 3D scenes of the data as illustrated below
The data product includes contributions from many laboratories around the world that form part of the GEOTRACES programme. The GEOTRACES data are of value to many fields of oceanography. The release of the quality-controlled data, in a timely manner, is of great benefit to ocean research.
IDP2014 digital datasetsThe IDP2014 digital datasets, the numerical data associated with these plots, are available to download from the GEOTRACES International Data Assembly Centre hosted by the British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC).
To access these datasets you will be required to register as a BODC web user and agree to the terms and conditions of the GEOTRACES IDP2014 download agreement. The download agreement requires that you commit to the citation of all original publications when using the data.
The IDP2014 digital datasets are made available in Ocean Data View (ODV) and ASCII formats. ODV software version 4.6.0 or later is required to open the ODV collections. Access the ODV software download service.
- Download the CTD Sensor Data - ODV format (105 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- Download the CTD Sensor Data - ASCII format (109 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- Download the Discrete Sample Data - ODV format (100 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- Download the Discrete Sample Data - ASCII format (100 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset