GEOTRACES Intermediate Data Product 2014 (Version 3)
The GEOTRACES Intermediate Data Product (IDP2014) version 3 was made available on 02 June 2016. Please see the version changes for further details on the revisions made for version 2 and version 3 of the GEOTRACES IDP2014.
The GEOTRACES IDP2014 consists of two parts:
- the digital datasets — available to download below.
- the eGEOTRACES Electronic Atlas — providing section plots and animated 3D scenes of the data as illustrated below.
The data product includes contributions from many laboratories around the world that form part of the GEOTRACES programme. The GEOTRACES data are of value to many fields of oceanography. The release of the quality-controlled data, in a timely manner, is of great benefit to ocean research.
IDP2014 version 3 digital datasets
The IDP2014 digital datasets, the numerical data associated with these plots, are available to download from the GEOTRACES International Data Assembly Centre hosted by the British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC).
To access these datasets you will be required to register as a BODC web user and agree to the terms and conditions of the GEOTRACES IDP2014 download agreement . The download agreement requires that you commit to the citation of all original publications when using the data.
CTD Sensor Data (Version 2)
(Please note: the discrete sample data files have changed from version 2 to version 3, however, the CTD sensor files remain unchanged at version 2)
- CTD Sensor Data — ODV format (110 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- CTD Sensor Data — ASCII format (109 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- CTD Sensor Data — Excel format (310 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- CTD Sensor Data — NetCDF format (150 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
Discrete Sample Data (Version 3)
- Discrete Sample Data — ODV format (100 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- Discrete Sample Data — ASCII format (100 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- Discrete Sample Data — Excel format (140 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
- Discrete Sample Data — NetCDF format (100 MB) IDP2014 digital dataset
Please see IDP2014 version 3 known issues for further information on bad data points which have recently been acknowledged.
Please cite the IDP2014 as: Mawji, E., et al., The GEOTRACES Intermediate Data Product 2014, Mar. Chem. (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.marchem.2015.04.005.
ODV software version 4.6.0 or later is required to open the ODV collections. Access the ODV software download service.
Please help us to improve the Intermediate Data Product by sending us your feedback.