BODC Cruise Metadata Report for FRV Alba Na Mara (74NM) cruise 1610A
- Cruise Inventory Information
- A summary of BODC data holdings for the cruise from the
- References - including cruise tracks and cruise reports
|Long name||FRV Alba Na Mara (74NM) cruise 1610A|
|Objectives and Narrative||
1. To undertake an acoustic survey of clupeid fish (and sandeels if present) in the water column using 38 and 120 kHz. Acoustic survey will be undertaken on route from Fraserburgh to the Tay, in the Firth of Forth and off St. Andrews Bay. Concentrations of fish will be sampled using the pelagic trawl.
2. To conduct RoxAnn survey of the substrate along all acoustic survey track.
3. To sample 1+ aged sandeels at previously established stations on the Wee Bankie, Marr Bank, Berwick's Bank, and St Andrew's Bay using the sandeel dredge.
4. To sample 0 group sandeels at each visited dredge station by means of random drift Day grab survey.
5. To sample variation in water temperature and salinity through the water column using a Seabird CTD sampler opportunistically whenever the vessel stops.
Scientific equipment will be loaded onto Alba na Mara on 16 November.
|Ship||FRV Alba Na Mara|
|Departure Port||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Arrival Port||Leith, United Kingdom|
|Principal Scientist(s)||Simon Greenstreet (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Responsible Organisation||University of Sao Paulo|
|IHB Sea Areas Visited||North Sea|
|Marsden Squares Visited||181;3|
|Work Area Description||Firth of Forth, St. Andrews Bay, Wee Bankie, Marr Bank, Berwick?s Bank|
|Work Area Bounding Polygon||55N,5W; 60N,5W; 60N,0E; 55N,0E; 55N,5W|
Cruise Inventory Datasets
No information on datasets is currently available for this cruise
Cruise Inventory Mooring/Buoy Operations
No information on datasets is currently available
Summary of BODC Data Holdings for the Cruise
|# Series||Instrument Description||Parameters|
Chlorophyll pigment concentrations in water bodies
Concentration of suspended particulate material in the water column
Density of the water column
Electrical conductivity of the water column
Salinity of the water column
Temperature of the water column
Vertical spatial coordinates
Note: Parameter terms are taken from the BODC Parameter Discovery Vocabulary XML (SKOS)
|BODC Reference||Instrument Description||Date/Time||Location|
|1146217||CTD/STD cast||2010-11-24 11:17Z||56° 9' N, 2° 41' W||Click for more|
|1146229||CTD/STD cast||2010-11-25 20:58Z||56° 13' N, 2° 3' W||Click for more|
|1146230||CTD/STD cast||2010-11-26 18:54Z||56° 25' N, 2° 0' W||Click for more|
|1146242||CTD/STD cast||2010-11-26 20:54Z||56° 28' N, 1° 45' W||Click for more|
No data currently held for this cruise in the BODC Project Database