- Content disclaimer — applies to this web site and our Social Network presence
- Data disclaimer — applies to all data supplied by BODC whether on the behalf of NERC or other data sources
- is general information provided as part of BODC's and NOC's statutory role in publicising its activities and disseminating information relating to its organisation
- is subject to the usual uncertainties of research
- is subject to change without notice
- should never be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something
Links to and from
- are not endorsed by BODC or NOC
- are for convenience only and do not mean that BODC or NOC endorses or approves of those other sites, their content or the people who run them
- are the responsibility of the internet user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found
All information provided by BODC on the web is made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons. Whilst BODC believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore, NOC does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of the information. Neither BODC, NOC nor any of the sources of the information shall be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use of, or results obtained from, the use of this information.
It is BODC's policy to encourage the use of our data holdings for science, education and industry, as well as the wider public. Whilst BODC believes the data and supplementary information supplied to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore they should never be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
- Data are accompanied by comprehensive documentation including information relating to usage limitations and data quality as/when appropriate. It is the responsibility of the data users to read these warnings.
- Regardless of whether the data are quality controlled or not, NOC, BODC and the data source do not accept any liability for the correctness and/or appropriate interpretation of the data or their suitability for any use.
- The data and related information supplied should not be taken as a substitute for specialist interpretations, professional advice and/or detailed site investigations. The correct and appropriate interpretation is solely the responsibility of the data users.
- Users are requested to inform BODC of any problems encountered with data as this feedback may result in an enhancement in the quality of the data we hold.
Notes on limitations
- Scientific observations are made in accordance with the understanding of the subject at the time. The quality of such observations may be affected by subsequent advances in technology, knowledge or improved methods of interpretation. The nature and purpose of data collection, and the age of the resultant material may render it unsuitable for certain uses.
- Data may have been transcribed from analogue to digital format or acquired by automated measuring techniques. Although such processes are subjected to quality control, despite our best efforts they may contain undetected errors.