Published Data Library (PDL)
Level of service
The PDL offers the following service elements to data contributors
- Assessment of dataset technical quality and completeness, with certification if the dataset is of an acceptable quality.
- Obtaining a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) from a DataCite accredited organisation — including preparation and submission of the required metadata.
- The communication of the DOI to the dataset authors.
- The preparation of the dataset citation.
- The construction of a dataset landing page in conformance with DataCite and NERC guidelines.
- The storage of the dataset for an indefinite period in a manner that guarantees that it will not be changed in any way whatsoever.
- The submission and maintenance of discovery metadata to appropriate portals such as the NERC Data Catalogue Service.
Related PDL pages at BODC
Related BODC pages
Related external links