BODC Cruise Metadata Report for FRV Clupea (74CU) cruise 1303C
- Cruise Inventory Information
- A summary of BODC data holdings for the cruise from the
- References - including cruise tracks and cruise reports
|Long name||FRV Clupea (74CU) cruise 1303C|
|Objectives and Narrative||
1. To obtain estimates of distribution and abundance of Nephrops in the North Minch and Moray Firth using underwater cameras.
2. To collect sediment samples at each station.
3. To use trawl caught samples of Nephrops to examine biological features at different sites throughout the survey areas.
4. The TV survey will also be used to collect data on other potential commercial species.
5. To make video observations of crab and lobster habitat using the drop frame, if time permits.
|Departure Port||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Arrival Port||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Principal Scientist(s)||James A M Kinnear (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Responsible Organisation||British Geological Survey, Edinburgh|
|IHB Sea Areas Visited||North Sea, Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Marsden Squares Visited||181;3/181;4|
|Work Area Description||North Minch; Moray Firth|
|Work Area Bounding Polygon||55N,10W; 60N,10W; 60N,0E; 55N,0E; 55N,10W|
Cruise Inventory Datasets
|Biology and fisheries|
number of hauls =
Description: Trawls for Nephrops
|Geology and geophysics|
number of deployments =
Description: TV camera stations
number of samples =
Description: sediment samples
Cruise Inventory Mooring/Buoy Operations
No information on datasets is currently available
Summary of BODC Data Holdings for the Cruise
|# Series||Instrument Description||Parameters|
|1||Paddle wheel current meter||
Date and time
Horizontal velocity of the water column (currents)
Salinity of the water column
Temperature of the water column
Note: Parameter terms are taken from the BODC Parameter Discovery Vocabulary XML (SKOS)
|BODC Reference||Instrument Description||Date/Time||Location|
|636163||Paddle wheel current meter||2003-08-11 16:40Z to 2003-09-10 14:40Z||57° 43' N, 5° 47' W||Click for more|
No data currently held for this cruise in the BODC Project Database