BODC Cruise Metadata Report for RRS Discovery (74E3) cruise D21
- Cruise Inventory Information
- A summary of BODC data holdings for the cruise from the
- References - including cruise tracks and cruise reports
|Long name||RRS Discovery (74E3) cruise D21|
|Objectives and Narrative||
1. Continue investigations into the vertical distribution of zooplankton by a programme of day and night sampling with depth monitored opening/closing nets at a position far enough south to examine a fauna quite distinct from that examined at the Fuerteventura position.
2. Make observations at the Fuerteventura position at a different season of the year.
3. Try to discover the 'whereabouts of the faunal boundary between the 'southern' fauna and that found at Fuerteventura.
4. Make a preliminary survey of the upwelling regions of the NW African continental shelf to compare the vertical distribution of plankton in upwelling and nonupwelling areas.
|Departure Port||Plymouth, United Kingdom|
|Arrival Port||Plymouth, United Kingdom|
|Principal Scientist(s)||Peter M David (National Institute of Oceanography)|
|Responsible Organisation||National Institute of Oceanography|
|IHB Sea Areas Visited||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Marsden Squares Visited||110/74|
|Work Area Description||Northwest African continental shelf|
|Work Area Bounding Polygon||20N,20W; 40N,20W; 40N,10W; 20N,10W; 20N,20W|
Cruise Inventory Datasets
No information on datasets is currently available for this cruise
Cruise Inventory Mooring/Buoy Operations
No information on datasets is currently available
Summary of BODC Data Holdings for the Cruise
|# Series||Instrument Description||Parameters|
Salinity of the water column
Temperature of the water column
Vertical spatial coordinates
Note: Parameter terms are taken from the BODC Parameter Discovery Vocabulary XML (SKOS)
|BODC Reference||Instrument Description||Date/Time||Location|
|297097||CTD/STD cast||1968-02-21 20:18Z||10° 28' N, 19° 43' W||Click for more|
|297104||CTD/STD cast||1968-02-29 09:05Z||10° 9' N, 20° 41' W||Click for more|
No data currently held for this cruise in the BODC Project Database