BODC Cruise Metadata Report for RV Cirolana (74CZ) cruise CIR6/82
- Cruise Inventory Information
- A summary of BODC data holdings for the cruise from the
- References - including cruise tracks and cruise reports
|Long name||RV Cirolana (74CZ) cruise CIR6/82|
|Objectives and Narrative||
The objectives of this cruise were:
(1) To recover current meter moorings at NEADS 6 site, the eastern flanks of the mid-Atlantic Ridge and Madeira Abyssal plain. Ten of eleven moorings successfully recovered.
(2) To re-lay current meter moorings on the Porcupine Bank slope, between the tail of the Rockall-Hatton Bank and the head of the Porcupine Abyssal Plain and in the deep gap between Hatton Bank and the mid-Atlantic Ridge. Accomplished.
(3) To work a 226/228Ra section across the continental slope west of Porcupine Bank using bulk samplers and CTD/HIAC/nephelometer profiler. Accomplished.
(4) To work a full-depth radiocaesium and 14C station in the NEA dumpsite. Accomplished.
(5) To moor an empty waste drum at the NEA dumpsite for faunal settlement studies. Accomplished.
(6) To deploy XBTs on appropriate underway sections. Deployed on section from south of Rockall to the Madeira Abyssal Plain.
(7) To collect fish trap samples. Two deployments possible returning one Coryphaenoides and a number of amphipods.
(8) To work a neuston net transect of the Celtic Sea. Worked, but catches were very low.
(9) To sample nutrients and chlorophyll fluorescence in the vicinity of the continental slope. Accomplished
|Departure Port||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Arrival Port||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Principal Scientist(s)||Robert R Dickson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Responsible Organisation||Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory|
|IHB Sea Areas Visited||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Marsden Squares Visited||110;2/110;4/111;1/111;2/111;4/145;3/145;4/146;2/146;3/146;4/147;1/147;2/182;1/182;2/183;1|
|Work Area Description||N.E. Atlantic|
|Work Area Bounding Polygon||30N,30W; 55N,30W; 55N,0E; 30N,0E; 30N,30W|
Cruise Inventory Datasets
number of profiles =
number of stations =
Description: 2 with S only
|Current meters||Description: 25 current meters deployed. 23 current meters recovered;243 days|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
number of samples =
|Biology and fisheries|
number of samples =
Cruise Inventory Mooring/Buoy Operations
No information on datasets is currently available
Summary of BODC Data Holdings for the Cruise
|# Series||Instrument Description||Parameters|
Salinity of the water column
Temperature of the water column
Vertical spatial coordinates
Note: Parameter terms are taken from the BODC Parameter Discovery Vocabulary XML (SKOS)
|BODC Reference||Instrument Description||Date/Time||Location|
|58188||CTD/STD cast||1982-06-25 12:41Z||51° 42' N, 14° 31' W||Click for more|
|58207||CTD/STD cast||1982-06-25 14:24Z||51° 42' N, 14° 39' W||Click for more|
|58219||CTD/STD cast||1982-06-25 16:49Z||51° 42' N, 14° 50' W||Click for more|
|58220||CTD/STD cast||1982-06-25 18:39Z||51° 42' N, 15° 0' W||Click for more|
|58232||CTD/STD cast||1982-06-25 20:33Z||51° 42' N, 15° 13' W||Click for more|
No data currently held for this cruise in the BODC Project Database