RV Cefas Endeavour 6/04 Part 2
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise identifier||6/04 Part 2|
|Cruise period||2004-06-09 — 2004-06-17|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Swansea, United Kingdom|
1. To survey dredged material disposal sites at Roughs Tower (off Harwich), Nab Tower and Needles (Isle of Wight), Swanage Bay, Rame Head (off Plymouth), Falmouth and Swansea Bay for benthos and for trace metal and organic contaminants in sediments, using grabbing, coring and acoustic methods.
2. To apply a range of sampling methodologies at dredged material disposal and aggregate extraction sites, to assist in the development of environmental indicators for these activities.
3. To sample representative NMMP locations using grabbing, coring, acoustic and trawl methods for trace metal and organic contaminants, litter and the epi-, macro-, meio-, and micro fauna.
4. To sample surface waters at representative offshore and intermediate NMMP locations for salinity, nutrients and chlorophyll.
5. To sample the benthos and sediments for time-series studies using the Hamon grab, in the vicinity of aggregate extraction sites off the Isle of Wight and Lowestoft.
6. To conduct time-series studies at gravelly locations following cessation of aggregate dredging, using grabbing and acoustic techniques.
7. To conduct habitat mapping surveys at a range of sites impacted by anthropogenic activities using grabbing, coring, trawling, photographic and acoustic techniques.
8. To augment an existing broadscale survey of an area of seabed between Dungeness and Hastings.
9. To sample the Thames temporal transect at the historic sewage sludge disposal site.
|Chief scientist||Keith Malcolm Cooper (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.41 MB)|