FV Tobyroc Young Fish Survey 1994
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FV Tobyroc (746T)|
|Cruise identifier||Young Fish Survey 1994|
|Cruise period||1994-09-20 — 1994-09-20|
|Port of departure||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Inshore beam trawl and push net survey. 8 Vessels used.
1. To carry out an inshore beam trawl and push net survey of parts of the North Sea and English Channel coasts for juvenile flatfish year class size estimation and collect data on young demersal fish in relation to the environment.
2. All fish caught were identified and measured.
3. Surface salinity samples and sediment samples were collected.
4. Observations of surface temperature and by catch of benthos and shrimp were recorded at all stations.
5. Observations of dissolved oxygen levels were made at all stations in the River Humber.
6. Samples of fish were collected and preserved from all hauls in the River Humber.
7. Samples of young cuttlefish were collected and preserved and returned to the laboratory for further study.
|Chief scientist||Colin L Whiting (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory), Garry J Howlett (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Project||Young Fish Survey 1994|
|Cruise report||(1.13 MB)|
|Specific||English Channel between Shoreham and Newhaven|