FV Challenge 'A' Young Fish Survey 2003
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FV Challenge 'A' (740E)|
|Cruise identifier||Young Fish Survey 2003|
|Cruise period||2003-09-01 — 2003-09-05|
|Port of departure||Wainfleet, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Wainfleet, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Inshore beam trawl survey. 8 Vessels used.
1. To carry out an inshore beam trawl survey of parts of the North Sea, Eastern Channel and Morecambe Bay for juvenile flatfish, year class size estimation.
2. To collect data on young demersal fish in relation to the environment.
3. To identify and quantify macro-benthos.
4. To record temperature and salinity at each trawl station.
5. To collect otolith samples from commercial flatfish.
6. To collect fish samples from the Humber for Hull University.
7. To record dissolved oxygen levels, for the Environment Agency, in the Humber.
|Chief scientist||Thomas R Woods (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Project||Young Fish Survey 2003|
|Cruise report||(0.37 MB)|
|Specific||Lincolnshire coast and Humber Estuary|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|