RV Cefas Endeavour 12/10
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2010-07-17 — 2010-07-31|
|Port of departure||Portland Harbour, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To undertake a beam trawl survey in the southern North Sea and eastern Channel as part of an ICES co-ordinated research programme.
2. To obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species.
3. To collect biological data, including maturity and weight at age, of commercial species, to satisfy the requirements of the EU data regulations.
4. To identify the epibenthos by-catch taken in the 4-metre beam trawl and to quantify 12 species as agreed at the Beam Trawl Working Group.
5. To sample litter on every station
6. To collect isotope samples for Simon Jennings
7. To collect live dabs for brood stock for Stuart Hetherington
8. To tag and released rays for beam trawl survival rate study for Jim Ellis
9. To collect radiological samples for Paul Rumney in VIId.
|Chief scientist||Sally Songer (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.87 MB)|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|