RV Clione CLI5/74
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1974-03-26 — 1974-04-09|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To tag cod in the northern North Sea as part of the ICES North Sea Roundfish Working Group investigations on cod sub-populations.
2. To inject with tetracycline and tag small (less than 55 cm total length) spurdogfish for age validation studies.
3. To collect live female adult plaice for Mr Scholes.
4. To collect live halibut for Dr Purdom.
5. To collect wings from various species of ray for Dr Greer Walker for muscle fibre studies.
6. To collect samples of bloo, liver, heart and muscle from 50 plaice for enzyme studies (Mr Thompson).
7. To release sea-bed drifters in the vicinity of Flamborough Head for Mr Walker.
8. To collect specimens of various species for model making (Mr Jenner, Exhibition committee).
|Chief scientist||B C Bedford (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of measurements = 5|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 2|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 30|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 770|
Description: cod,spurdogfish 56 population & physiology
|Routine standard measurements|