FRV Alba Na Mara 1512A
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Alba Na Mara (74NM)|
|Cruise period||2012-09-05 — 2012-09-19|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
1. Conduct comparative surveys to compare Nephrops burrow density estimates obtained using the sledge with estimates obtained using the drop frame.
2. To obtain estimates of the distribution and abundance of Nephrops burrows in the sea lochs of the North Minch functional unit using underwater cameras.
3. To obtain information on the extent of Nephrops habitat in North Minch sea lochs, using sediment grabs and underwater cameras.
4. TV footage to record the occurrence of other benthic fauna and evidence of commercial trawling activity.
5. To undertake a swathe survey for lost RDCP in Loch Linnhe
TV work will normally take place during daylight hours.
If any trawling takes place during this survey, it will be carried out in the evening. On days when this occurs, work patterns will be arranged so not to exceed WTD recommendations.
It is proposed that the comparative TV work will commence in the Moray Firth, followed by abundance and seabed mapping on the west coast. It is planned to carry out the swathe work on the last working day prior to arrival in Oban for unloading.
Normal contacts will be maintained with the laboratory.
|Chief scientist||Adrian Weetman (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.03 MB)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
|Specific||Moray Firth, North Minch, Loch Linnhe|