Unplanned service interruption - 28 October 2016 15:00 BST - ongoing
Some online delivery is affected
RV Cirolana CIR3B/75
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1975-03-13 — 1975-03-26|
|Port of departure||Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out an acoustic survey of Blue Whiting between Porcupine
Bank and St Kilda/Rockall using the ''Humber' 30 KHz sounder and Simrad
2. To analyse single fish target strengths using cycle-counter/pulse
height analyser and Simrad integrator/storage oscilloscope methods.
3. To obtain samples of Blue Whiting by fishing for maturation and length/age studies.
4. To rendez-vous with RV EXPLORER to carry out intership calibration runs
5. To co-ordinate by radio, fishing activities of TRS Vessel ARCTIC PRIVATEER. Contact will be made twice daily at 0930 and 2130 hours.
6. To make tows with the Continuous Plankton Recorder when practicable.
7. To carry out surface temperature and salinity observations over the survey area.
|Chief scientist||P O Johnson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Project||Blue Whiting Survey with Marine Laboratory Aberdeen|
|Cruise report||(0.34 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: track kilometres = 2778|
Description: T only
|Bathythermograph||Quantity: number of profiles = 24|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 24|
Description: surface only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: track kilometres = 926|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: track kilometres = 926|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: track kilometres = 926|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 1|
Description: 1500nm distribution and biomass determination
|Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.||Quantity: track kilometres = 2778|