FRV Alba Na Mara 0113A
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Alba Na Mara (74NM)|
|Cruise period||2013-01-08 — 2013-01-27|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
1. To carry out a survey of scallop stocks around Shetland.
2. To collect information on by-catches of other commercial fish and shellfish species.
3. To collect biological data on scallop growth rates.
4. To collect scallop meat weight data.
5. To collect grab samples from selected areas.
Scallop dredge hauls will be made at sites used on previous surveys. Hauls will be of 30 minutes duration. From each haul, all the catch will be measured to the half centimetre below and a representative sample will be aged. Numbers and size distribution of commercial fish and shellfish species will be recorded. From selected sites, scallop ring measurements and meat weight samples will be taken. Grab samples will be taken from some of the fished areas.
Normal contacts will be maintained with the Laboratory.
|Chief scientist||John Turriff (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.04 MB)|