RV Cirolana CIR3A/76
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1976-02-17 — 1976-03-04|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out an acoustic survey in the areas: Western English Channel, Bay of Biscay, Celtic Sea and Porcupine Bank.
2. To carry out an acoustic survey in the vicinity of the 200m isobath.
3. To identify fish traces by trawling.
4. To take plankton samples with a 20" TTN in the Bay of Biscay - Celtic Sea area.
5. To tow a continuous plankton recorder in the Bay of Biscay - Celtic Sea area.
6. Take a profile of twelve water samples for the analysis of iodine, iodide and iodate.
|Chief scientist||Stephen J Lockwood (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.31 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
Bay of Biscay
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 1|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zooplankton||Description: cont.plankton recorder|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 10|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 12|
|Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.||Description: continuous|
|Exploratory fishing||Quantity: number of hauls = 2|
Description: mackerel by hand line