RV Cirolana CIR6A/76
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1976-05-25 — 1976-06-14|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
1. To continue the examination of the distribution of caesium-137 in sea water
of the North Sea and approach area between Dover and 6Odeg N for project RANOSP, a joint FRL and DTI programme.
2. To collect sea water at selected stations for the examination of plutonium-238 and plutonium-239+240.
3. To measure the concentrations of inorganic and total mercury in sea water.
4. To collect seawater samples for selected trace metal analyses.
5. To collect sea water for the measurement of the total suspended load where mercury and other trace metal analyses are made.
1. To collect seawater samples for the measurement of particulate iron and for the examination of the composition and distribution of the suspended load in the North Sea.
2. To collect samples of surface seabed sediment for the measurement of selected heavy metals.
|Chief scientist||Douglas F Jefferies (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.30 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 202|
Description: S surface 147 S bottom
|Trace elements||Quantity: number of samples = 152|
|Suspended matter||Quantity: number of samples = 166|
|Trace metals||Quantity: number of samples = 140|
|Other contaminant measurements||Quantity: number of samples = 202|
Description: 134Cs & 137Cs
|Other contaminant measurements||Quantity: number of samples = 5|
Description: 238Pu,239Pu & 240Pu
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 128|