Planned maintenance — 27th October 2016 between 09:00 and 10:00 BST [more]
RV Cirolana CIR9/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1977-08-18 — 1977-09-12|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a groundfish survey of the North Sea.
2. To obtain lengths and age distribution of cod, haddock, whiting and plaice.
3. To collect and preserve fish hearts for ageing studies. (Dr Greer Walker).
4. To collect water samples for caesium studies (FRL).
5. To collect blood samples from saithe (Dr Jamieson).
6. To sample the area of the Norway pout fishery for by-catch.
7. To tag spiny dogfish (Mr Holden).
8. To collect mackerel samples (Dr Lockwood).
9. To bring back two live halibut 60-80 cm for Dr Purdom.
10. To keep an echo record of the survey (paper record from fish graph) (Dr Pawson).
11. To collect sprat samples (Dr Johnson).
12. To collect blue whiting sample (Dr Pawson).
13. To collect Norway pout samples (Dr Pawson).
14. To collect sandeeels for fish food (Dr Htun-Han).
15. To collect plankton samples (Dr Dodge).
16. To collect typical mixtures of small fish for Mr Blacker's fish identification courses.
17. To photograph and preserve sample of Horse Mackerel (Dr Lockwood).
|Chief scientist||John G Pope (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(1.04 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 124|
Description: T 125 S
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of samples = 83|
Description: Cs,surface and bottom
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 5|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 126|
Description: survey:population,biomass determination,energy transfers etc.
|Exploratory fishing||Quantity: number of hauls = 126|