RV Corella 4A/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1977-02-25 — 1977-03-11|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To tag spawning cod off Flamborough.
2. To carry out a simultaneous trawl and acoustic survey of the area off Flamborough using the Granton trawl and the Triton echo-sounding gear.
3. To identify the main acoustic target types in the area by fishing and to describe their behaviour over a 24 hour period.
4. To collect ovaries of cod, plaice, lemon sole and whiting for fecundity work and to collect samples of cod blood.
5. To collect live dabs (15 cm+) and turbot - Dr Htun Han.
6. To freeze a variety of fish samples for use on a fish identification course - Mr Blacker.
7. To collect 6 to 12 live elasmobranchs for tracking work using the sonic tag - Dr Greer Walker.
8. to freeze 20 I-group fish of each gadoid species caught - Mr Child.
9. To collect 2000-5000 live plaice eggs using the 2m stramin net - Mr Thompson.
10. to test the MAFF inductive salinometer.
|Chief scientist||R G Houghton (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 59|
Description: survey:spatial & temporal distribution