RV Cirolana CIR5/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1979-05-09 — 1979-05-29|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Trawling in all areas around the British Isles for mackerel for studies on stock separation.
2. To make 'in situ' target strength measurements.
3. To test the 20" TTN, towed at 5 knots but shot and hauled at twice the
4. To collect 50 l seawater samples at selected station positions around the British Isles.
5. To collect tissue samples from small gadoids for immunogenetic examination.
6. To collect hearts from assorted fish species for histological examination.
7. To carry out egg development studies on any fish not previously studied.
8. To carry out physiological observations on any non-littoral decapod
crustaceans taken in trawl hauls.
|Chief scientist||Stephen J Lockwood (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.27 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 65|
Description: population structures