RV Cirolana CIR8/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1979-08-21 — 1979-09-15|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out the 1979 Groundfish Survey of the North Sea (1Al.6).
2. To obtain length and age distributions of major conmercial fish species.
3. To examine fish stomach contents with special reference to predation by fish upon fish.
4. To collect water samples and fish muscle samples for radio-caesium studies (AEP1) .
5. To test the data-loger facility in respect of surface water sampling by means of the environmental packcage (121E).
6 . A range of fish species for the York University Archaeological Unit
(via P Walker).
7. Whole plaice for Mr A Murray (Burnham).
8. Haddook eyes for Dr C Slingsby (University of London).
9. Cultures of ichthyophora from infected fish tissues for FDL, Weymouth (vua J D Riley).
|Chief scientist||Leon Birkett (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.31 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 26|
Description: T only
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 40|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 40|
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 24|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 24|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Quantity: number of profiles = 40|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of hauls = 116|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 116|
Description: distribution,biomass determination
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 116|