RV Clione CLI4A/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1979-03-29 — 1979-04-18|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To investigate the species, size and age composition of catches in the Danish industrial fishery for gurnards centred around the Middle Rough area, and to identify the by-catch.
2. To measure selectivity of a 90 mm cod-end for gurnards.
3. To tag cod and if possible other gadoid species in the general area between Cape Wrath and Muckle Flugga.
4. To obtain data on the whole weight/gutted weight relationship from as many commercial species as possible.
5. To obtain otoliths from cod, haddockk and whiting to supplement the regular commercial vessel sampling programme.
6. To obtain specimens in good condition from as many species as possible for Mr Blacker's next fish identification course.
7. To bring back live halibut for Dr Purdom.
8. To obtain fish food (sandeels) for FCG.
|Chief scientist||B C Bedford (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.31 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 2|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Description: collection of live fish|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: 536 fish|