RV Corella 2/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1979-01-30 — 1979-02-19|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out an acoustic survey for sprat within the sector Farne
Islands to Wash extending up to 60 miles off the coast, concentrating
on the coastal belt.
2. To sample any major concentrations found with a mid-water trawl and
survey their distribution in finer detail.
3. To calibrate the towed body transducer.
4. To make in situ target strength measurements on sprat.
5. To carry out an intership calibration run with the Scottish research vessel SCOTIA in the Tyne area.
6. To collect various species of fish deep-frozen for the fish identification courses (Mr R W Blacker).
|Chief scientist||P O Johnson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.33 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 12|
Description: 920nm biomass determination
|Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.||Quantity: track kilometres = 1703.84|