RV Clione CLI12/81
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1981-09-28 — 1981-10-16|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a survey of 0 and I-group gadoids using the Granton Trawl.
2. To sample stomach contents of a range of species for use with multi-species assessment models.
3. To repeat part of the gadoid survey in the northern Irish Sea using the Portuguese modification of the Granton Trawl. This aim was abandoned.
4. To repeat part of the Irish Sea groundfish survey.
5. To collect samples of fish for the Aquatic Environment Protection Division (Burnham) from Liverpool and Morecambe Bays.
6. To collect specimens of fish for the Fish Identification courses run by R Blacker and for the Environmental Archaeology Unit, University of York.
7. To collect samples of small gadoids for the Fish Cultivation Unit.
|Chief scientist||David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 44|
Description: Granton trawls.