RV Cirolana CIR10/83
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1983-10-28 — 1983-11-13|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Comparative fishing with RV G A REAY to compare catches in the short-winged GOV trawls.
2. Comparative fishing in a restricted location with standard GOV trawl, short winged GOV trawl, Standard Granton trawl and Granton trawl rigged with arctic bobbins.
3. Collections and analyses of stomach contents of gadoids.
4. Collections and analyses of benthos taken in a) the various trawls and b) the Agassiz trawl for comparison with stomach contents of fish.
5. Collections of near sea bed plankton using coarse and fine plankton nets attached to the headline of the trawls used in the fishing exercises.
6. Environmental sampling using CTD and Oriel fluorometer for profiles and shallow water CTD HIAC particle counter and Turner flurometer in pumped water supply.
7. All data willl be data logged (including ships instruments) or punched in to the computer following each trawl haul, or series of trawl hauls.
|Chief scientist||Derek Harding (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.19 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||N. North Sea|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 24|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 39|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 21|