RV Clione CLI11/83
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1983-09-07 — 1983-09-26|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out the annual survey of 0- and 1- group gadoids in the Irish Sea.
2. To sample stomach contents of a range of species for use with multi-species assessment models.
3. To repeat part of the Irish Sea groundfish survey in Cardigan Bay.
4. To collect live berried Nephrops for larval development studies.
5. To sample 0-group mackerel in the western English Channel.
6. To collect samples of commercial size fish from stations in the eastern Irish Sea for AEP2.
7. To collect water samples for AEP1.
8. To retrieve the current meter rig in Start Bay.
|Chief scientist||David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.16 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Irish Sea/Western English Channel|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 32|
Description: S surface only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Neuston||Quantity: number of samples = 9|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of samples = 50|
Description: berried Nephrops collected.
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 49|