RV Clione CLI13/85
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1985-10-18 — 1985-10-31|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To complete the fourth (and last) in a series of ICES coordinated herring larval surveys for 1985,off the English east coast, between 53º and 56º N.
2. To continue a study of the drift and mortality of herring larvae started on CIROLANA 8/85.
3. To study the diet of herring larvae, including the availability of food organisms.
4. To collect samples of herring larvae for feeding status and ageing studies.
5. To describe the vertical distribution of herring larvae, their predators and prey.
6. Additional aim. To get a measure of the visual net avoidance by older herring larvae.
|Chief scientist||John D Riley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.09 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||W. Central N. Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Quantity: number of profiles = 2|
Description: chlorophyll profiles
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 150|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 150|