RV Clione CLI11B/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1986-09-20 — 1986-10-07|
|Port of departure||Fleetwood, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out the annual survey of 0- and 1-group gadoids in the Irish Sea.
2. To carry out a groundfish survey in the eastern Irish Sea using the 3m beam trawl.
3. To tag spurdogs if suitable concentrations are found. No concentrations of spurdogs were found.
4. To sample groundfish species in the western English Channel using the 3m beam trawl. No time was available to carry out this aim.
5. To collect live plaice and dabs from the Smith's Knoll area at the end of the cruise.
6. To investigate the distribution and abundance of yolk sac herring larvae on the spawning grounds east of the Isle of Man.
|Chief scientist||David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Specific||Irish Sea; Western English Channel; Southern North Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 20|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 20|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 79|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 8|